As a community bank, we love showing our customers just how much we value them. The Friendship Club does this by offering you a variety of FREE banking services, as well as social events and other opportunities to create new friendships.
In order to qualify for the Friendship Club, you or your spouse must be at least 50 years old and maintain a balance of at least $1,500 in the Friendship Club Savings Account, OR a CD of $10,000 or more. If you have questions regarding membership, please contact our Friendship Club Director for more information.
Travel, Dinners, Parties and Fellowship!
There is always something fun happening with the Friendship Club! Here are a few of the events we put on:
- Free movies - specially schedule private viewings of classics and award-winning movies. There are drawings for door prizes and refreshments.
- Special luncheons and seminars - these events, featuring fabulous food and guest speakers are meant to be both fun and educational.
- Group travel - there are travel events for everyone! From one-day getaways to domestic and international tours, you can be assured of a great time on any trip!
Special Banking Benefits
And we can't forget about the special banking benefits you receive for being a member of the SSB Friendship Club. Benefits include (provided you maintain club requirements):
- FREE CHECKING - No service charge fees on Friendship Club checking. Write as many checks as you want
- FREE PERSONALIZED CHECKS
- FREE MONEY ORDERS up to 10 per month
- SAFE DEPOSIT BOX DISCOUNT - Receive a 15% discount on your annual safe deposit box rental.
- AUTOMATED TELLER MACHINES - Friendship Club members are eligible for a free ATM or Debit card. This card allows you to withdraw, deposit, or transfer funds between accounts 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- FREE COPYING AND NOTARY SERVICES
- Add E-Statement and Bill Pay to your checking account today.
- Free e-statements upon request, no paper statement is mailed
- Online bill-pay service: $.50 per bill payment
- QUARTERLY NEWSLETTER - You will receive a newsletter every quarter from our Club Director keeping you informed of upcoming activities and events of our club.
- DIRECT DEPOSIT - Arrange for the direct deposit of your Social Security, pension, or retirement check into your personal checking or savings account. Again, there is no charge for this service.
For any questions regarding the SSB Friendship Club, please contact our Friendship Club Director today!